"I'm the most threatened in Colombia" Piedad Cordoba
Interviewed El Espectador, Piedad Cordoba says that the Attorney Alejandro Ordóñez had promised to "finish."
Within days of losing its status as a senator for impeachment of Attorney , Piedad Córdoba Ordóñez Alejandro says had promised "to finish " . Accepts no responsibility for any of the emails in which the ruling is based, said that these messages contain information that she gave the Narino Palace . States that under no circumstances ask political asylum and reveals amazing details of mediation with the FARC . Cecilia Orozco
Tascón .- You have refused categorically to be the "Theodora" and "Theodora Bolivar" which crosses some emails, very friendly, with Raul Reyes. What and how many messages are in the process of the Attorney acknowledges as her own? Piedad Cordoba Ruiz
.- None. To be mediating against the guerrillas, I had to send emails to anyone. I, and the country it was made public at a meeting with Reyes. Was so authorized by the Government and were so aware in the Narino Palace that Jose Obdulio Gaviria, Bernardo Moreno and the staff that replaced those days the Commissioner Restrepo I was offered a helicopter to go to a meeting with Reyes. As I did not consider appropriate, did not request this service. But there is something very clear: brought a video of that meeting to give to Luis Carlos Restrepo.
COT-What is the date of commencement and completion of his work as mediator, with the consent of President Uribe? PCR-
began in July or August 2007 and ended on 21 November of that year, when we were in Paris for the meeting with President Sarkozy.
COT-cancellation "After that you also wrote e-mails?
PCR-No, never.
COT-Mails that appear in the fault contain real information about certain moments in mediation. Who could know so many details to write with such precision?
PCR "Several people, including officials of the Uribe government, because I myself noticed. Early in the investigation of the Attorney General, I did not pay attention to the history of the post because it was totally quiet, but then I started to remember. The truth is that he was always very hard my dialogue Luis Carlos Restrepo and other officials of the palace, because there was suspicion. I felt that the talks with them were not intended to achieve the release, but to gather information through me. I started to feel very uncomfortable.
COT-If so, why continued mediating? PCR-
Not to leave the task of releases. I'll tell you a story when I went to see President Chavez to say that President Uribe authorized the mediation, Chavez asked me: Do you have any written authorization? I answered yes but he had not been, but could read on the website of the Presidency of Colombia. He asked the Minister Maduro, who was with us, that got it. When printed Maduro brought Chavez stared at the sheet and said: "This can be a trap." But to return to the point, I gave Luis Carlos Restrepo reports fairly accurately what was being done. The content of these discussions is reflected in the emails displayed on the computer of Reyes.
COT-Do you mean that Restrepo and other palace officials invented the mail and planted in the computer of Reyes'? PCR
I can not secure it that way but, at least, what I had them does appear in the emails and verse. For example, one day Restrepo told him we had talked of a constituent in a meeting and put on top of my conversation with Simon Trinidad United States. Days later, I met the Commissioner and I said, altered, Uribe was absolutely lunatic to me because I wanted to make Colombia the level of Venezuela, proposing a constitutional assembly. Then I told him that if anything was not the President that I had been talking about that option with the guerrillas.
COT-Does President Uribe told you that the FARC should propose a constitutional? PCR-Uribe
I clearly said in his office of the Presidency. When you want, hold it against him. COT-
What was the exact phrase the president?
PCR "He said:" Pity, I'm willing to go to a constituent. Tell them. " COT-
heard anyone besides you? PCR-Yes
Luis Carlos Restrepo and Bernardo Moreno. The same happened with my visits to Simon Trinidad and Sonia in the U.S.: these meetings were not secret, because I could not see them without permission of the Department of State. Well, the President went on to say, publicly, that Trinidad and supposedly going to give me a coup by constituent. The visits always occurred in prison against the defenders of Trinidad, paid by the Department of Justice, against people from the DEA, CIA and two consuls of Colombia, one of the consul in Texas, sent to prison by President Uribe.
COT-I remember the idea of \u200b\u200bSonia visit to Trinidad was to explore and exchange them for hostages in the jungle. Does that also was authorized?
PCR-Swap also spoke before the whole world. So much so, that the Department of State authorized public defenders in Trinidad to come to camp to meet with the FARC.
COT-Excuse: American Lawyers in Trinidad were in a camp of the FARC? PCR-Yes
came and told, about three days before it was known, how it would be the condemnation of Trinidad. At that time the discussion a negotiation process whereby France would welcome the two guerrillas who were in the United States in exchange for FARC handed over to the three gringos and Ingrid.
COT-How many U.S. attorneys were with the FARC?
PCR-Two, a man and a woman. And there were other advisors. COT-
Why do you think that President Uribe appointed as mediator, if relations with you always were bad?
PCR-After everything that happened, I think Chavez was right and that the Government would not really advance any process of liberation, but wanted to follow me to know where were the FARC, for hinged on that I was member of the guerrilla. And if that was what they believed, also think that through me would come to her. COT-
Apart from the case against them, many Colombians believe that you are in favor of the FARC. How would you respond?
PCR-I've suffered all kinds of persecution and almost I have the house arrest because I can not go anywhere. My children and my family have also suffered intimidation and attacks. We paid a very expensive cost. But make no mistake: despite everything, I will not change his mind, because it is increasingly clear to me that here is a choice between democracy and war. I consciously took the path of peace, which is the same as democracy. Those are my beliefs and I'm not going to change for convenience or problems rob him.
COT "Back to the Attorney failure: you're definitely about to leave Congress. "He made mistakes during his contacts with the FARC?
PCR-Mi 'error' has been to have convictions different when ideological dissent became a crime, because opinions are being criminalized. What we have here is a profound political argument masquerading as justice. If this were not so, I would not be going through these circumstances and the Solicitor would not act, as it has done, doubting the charge against Mario Uribe Mancuso but giving at the same time, the whole credibility to a foreign mercenary who would they gave much money to speak against me. So I assume they want to stone me, submit to ridicule and put me in jail.
COT-The most common criticism I hear from you is that I never said that the FARC are terrorists ... PCR-
I'm not going to say ...
COT-Why not? "It is reprehensible to put bombs and kill people?
PCR-The FARC executed actions within the international humanitarian law constitute acts of terrorism, including kidnapping. But one must admit that also violated IHL when government agents or people running away out of court, as happened with false positives. I am concerned about the strict application of IHL in all cases. And I do not recognize it. For example, no one asked why I so frequently to the United States. COT-
Why go?
PCR-I will meet with the paramilitary extradited to help their families who are threatened here. I have also gone to jail Itagui do a similar task. Nobody asks that other side that I also wear out and no one wants to understand that when you are looking for a mediation, the language is that of pacifism and that one does not have to be using concepts that are not legal but political.
COT-If you put a gun in his hand and had a paramilitary on one side and the other to a guerrilla, who would shoot first?
PCR-None. For the world kill anyone.
COT "If family members of a paramilitary were in danger, do help?
PCR "I've done. Ask Baez, Don Berna or Mancuso. What did I do to help? Faces a myriad of difficulties to prevent the murder. Don Berna's daughters were visiting me and tell me they were not safe anywhere. Don Berna kidnapped me. Is that why I'll let you kill their relatives, if I can help? I, first of all, I'm an advocate of human rights.
COT "You have appealed to the Prosecutor to reconsider the ruling against you from destitution and disability for 18 years. Do you think the decision to back down his own office?
PCR-Not at all. COT-
So that brought the action? PCR-For
exhaust remedies and a respect for institutions that do not even think because they are not impartial because they serve the interests of a few. And, because I want to show that we have to fight when one knows he is innocent and has done everything is clean and within the law.
COT "If you were convinced, as he has said, that the attorney Ordóñez would not be fair with you, why not challenged before the crash and now it does?
PCR-For in the midst of all did not think it got to where he did. Although many people told me that the Attorney I wanted to do, I trusted in the truth. There was a meeting which was envisaged to provide a protection of incompetence against him and did not want interposing because although I do not share their ideas and express it so wrong of me, including ensuring that he would kill me, I would act in law .
What COT-based doubts about the competence of Attorney?
PCR "In that competition should be quite exhaustive: it turns out he gave me a penalty involving loss of my investiture of Congress. And that decision only for the Council of State.
COT-Me seems at least ironic that he will replace you as president of the Peace Commission of the Congress is Senator Roy Barreras, a furious Uribe. What is your opinion?
PCR-That this is the country and that is Congress. This is the same person who reported me three times in the Court and Council of State by order of Uribe. I have never referred to him nor have I answered absolutely none of their accusations, because it inspires me though. COT-
Why?
PCR-Because it has to be reporting to Dr. Uribe, who calls him to submit reports on everything that happens and what you hear in Congress. Then he ordered him to do the rest of the week. He put it to make the task of prosecuting and discredit. I feel sorry for him because he has only the crumbs that fall from the table.
COT-You said that policy is pursued. Have you thought about applying for asylum to any government? PCR-
No. Although the Government itself acknowledges that I am the most endangered of Colombia, even though they are formalized in court documents ordering discredit, undermine the credibility and legitimacy, persecuted and harassed, such as he said the former deputy director of the DAS Marta Leal and ratified as former heads of intelligence and counterintelligence that that body will not think I should run. This is my country and I have the right to fight it, peleárselo to live and to which it shaved for a while and think that's why they only fit here and nobody else. COT-
What if he decides to put the criminal justice system to jail? Have you considered that?
PCR "Of course I've seen. If they do, here goes. Will have to build a special prison ...
COT-Why? Because PCR-
from there will continue to do politics and continue to fight for my beliefs and my convictions.
"A Mancuso would make a bust, to be shot me"
Cecilia Orozco .- You are one of the most hated people in the country. The other is Ingrid Betancourt. Did not overwhelmed this rejection? Piedad Córdoba .-
Ingrid can fold the page after tomorrow and become the most beloved of all Colombians. In contrast to me, that never occurred to me to ask you a multi-state lawsuit despite the persecution he was subjected to by the previous government, "not ever forgive me my position as a pacifist and foe of the war. I have a class consciousness and the country. So I do not regret what I did and what I have said, nor did I get tired, but I paid very hard on peace and freedom. If I were pending what people say and what they think about me sectors powerful, probably change of 'film'. COT-
Why not? Have not had enough 'punishment' in a bad reputation?
PCR-First, I have too many friends and supporters and people who believe in me. Second, I will not give up war as inevitable destiny of the country. I know I'm one of the most hated, as you say. I do not like, but I assume. And I know that if it came out on stage with Mancuso to chose between the two, he would make a bust and I would be shot.
An editorial said: "In the land of graves"
COT-When you said in Europe Colombia "was a common grave" is wine the world over. Did their hand?
PCR-Not at all. As part of a forum, which was organized by several MEPs, among whom were a significant group of those who came to Colombia to look for the grave of La Macarena, I wanted to contextualize the issue. I spoke of the deterioration of the humanitarian level in the country. And in the wake of one of Europe had referred to the pits, I was actually here experiencing a terrible problem and I made the phrase you mentioned. COT-Deme
two concrete evidence supporting your claim.
PCR-The official map of the Prosecutor on the location of mass graves have revealed that demobilized paramilitaries is overwhelming. Here we report the discovery of 2,867 graves, 3,488 bodies have been found and 1,002 have been delivered. The same prosecutor asked the mayors to the NN realized that there was in their municipalities. Until about twenty days, 300 mayors had quantified around 10 000 NN The second fact is irrefutable editorial in El Tiempo on 21 November 2006. The headline read: "In the land of graves." When he says Piedad is a scandal. At the direction of the time, nobody questioned.
0 comments:
Post a Comment